Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I am trying to compare several fields and replace the similarities with white space

lbolin
8 - Asteroid

I am trying to clean up the Address filed by comparing it to the Location and Zip fields, If address has similarities it needs to be removed and replaced with white space. I have been looking in to doing it with regex but i am new to this and i am having trouble getting all the pieces together. This will nee to be done to 2000+ records 

EX:

LocationAddressZip
Austin,Texas,United StatesBilly Bob 4456 Bush Lane Austin,Texas 78746 United Statea78746

End result

Address
4456 Bush Lane
5 REPLIES 5
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Dear @lbolin 

Please check the attached workflow.

I used find and replace in order to replace the address with sapaces 🙂

below the input:

messi007_1-1605893057758.png

the output:

messi007_2-1605893088502.png

Hope that helps 🙂

Regards

morr-co
10 - Fireball

Hello @lbolin : this one is definitely a little tricky - as working through data quality issues often is. I've attached one approach which removes exact word matches in the location and zip fields from the address fields. Hope this is helpful. 

Screen Shot 2020-11-20 at 10.23.52 AM.png

lbolin
8 - Asteroid

Capture.PNG

I seem to have not accounted for States that don't have space between the state and country. What would be the best way to account for that?

lbolin
8 - Asteroid

I figured it out. I added a space before a captial letter then when the query was done i took them out. 

lbolin
8 - Asteroid

I was reviewing my project this morning and I notices my record count went form 2,000 to 1,988 i have be combing throught and i think it is happening when everything's are joined together, I am not sure how that is happening . 

Labels