Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

I am trying to combine multiple excel files into one output file

Edgar_Ryan_C
6 - Meteoroid

Dear Experts,

I am humbly asking for help. I tried using directory input to import multiple excel files (wildcard). Is there a way to export these files into a single output file but in different sheets according to its filename? Assuming each files have different format.

Capture.JPG

5 REPLIES 5
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Edgar_Ryan_C 
How about an Input Data Tool?

20210326-Edgar_Ryan_C.PNG

Edgar_Ryan_C
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu

This looks better. Can you send the .yxmd file? It is not working on my 2019.4 version.

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@Edgar_Ryan_C 

Here you go.

Edgar_Ryan_C
6 - Meteoroid

@Qiu 

It is working with the files you sent (Test1 and Test2). However, not the case for my files. I have attached my excel files, each is different from the other. Was it because each file has a different data? For example, A B C on FS001 then G H I J on FS002.

Thank you!

ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @Edgar_Ryan_C - You will need a batch macro to read files with different schema. I created a quick sample for you:

ArtApa_0-1616787028001.png

ArtApa_1-1616787075142.png

Please note:

-For a new sheet to be created in the output file, your Alberta files must have some values. That's why as you can see above I added 1's.

-This workflow only reads "Sheet1". You would need to create one more batch macro to read all files with all sheets before combining them into one output.

Hope that helps.

Labels