Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hyperlinking URL's from multiple column

Anzrey
7 - Meteor

I have a table that contains both URL's and integers as its dataset, I needed to hyperlink the URLs so the output of the URLs are hyperlinked in excel sheets for easier interaction. 
I have tried two methods to do it but neither of them work properly. The first method return urls with HTML tags when the hyperlinked url is appended to existing columns while the second method just hyperlinks everything which is not really the way to do it.

Anzrey_0-1621588874834.png

If anyone have an idea to hyperlink the urls without storing it into a new column, please help out thanks 😄

attached is the sample workflow of my methods

3 REPLIES 3
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

hi @Anzrey 

The problem that you're seeing here is that the Union tool does a logical change so that the report snippets from the F stream are treated as text from then on.  To get around it, add a Report Text tool to the T output of the filter and just use [Value:A] for the non hyper link items

danilang_0-1621594266805.png

danilang_1-1621594288816.png

Dan

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @danilang 

Your tricks never fails to amaze me. This is a wickedly amazing trick.

I recall few months back there was question posted asking can we apply a column rule on multiple columns without manually applying in on each column. And you had suggested a batch macro approach where by using control parameter to edit format by applying formula on a report block value.

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Highlight-cells-that-No-across-whole-w...

I was just playing around with your workflow posted on this blog. And i was able to find out that using this method we can actually apply column rule on multiple columns by transposing them, applying required format on them using report text tool, crosstabing back with report text column as values, passing it through table tool. And Wala !! there we have it column rule on multiple columns

atcodedog05_0-1621595646595.png

And i feel this is more slick 

Maybe you might already have explored this, but when i found this out i was too exited that i had to share it.

Thanks for this trick 🙂 @danilang 

Anzrey
7 - Meteor

Thanks a bunch @danilang !!

I can't believe the solution is just right infront of me 😅 , sometimes I shouldn't overthink too much. 

Labels