Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

Hyper File Extension Error When Trying to Output to Tableau TDE

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

I keep getting this error when trying to output to a .TDE fle

Error: Output Data (39): Hyper files must use the file extension `.hyper`
Context: 0x5fdfad59
File_Output: Output Data (39): D:\.......\alpha.tde"

What the freak?  Three years, never seen this (and of course) I am working all weekend.

2 REPLIES 2
vizAlter
12 - Quasar

Hi @hellyars — Notice the error msg... must use *.hyper file-format.

hope this could give you some idea:

Extract Upgrade to .hyper Format 

and, this link: https://www.thedataschool.co.uk/joe-beaven/tableau-file-formats 

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

@vizAlter 

I still do not know what happened.  Support suggested it might be a Windows, Anti-Virus, Alteryx thing and said best to reinstall my OS (vs. gather logs and wait, I had a deadline).  So, I restored my PC from a mirror.  

But, the problem persisted on the new machine.  Problem never occurred until I used 2021.2.  So, I did some testing.  A sample workflow could thrown into 2020.3 had no issues outputting to TDE.  The sample workflow had no problem doing it 2021.2.   So, I turned my attention to the original workflow that generated the error.  I deleted all the macros and tools between the input and output; it failed. So, I just replaced the Output Tool and it worked. 

Correlation does not equal causation, but I have to think its workflow related.  But, I can't rule out the anti-virus as the culprit for its corruption.  Malwarebytes updated Friday.  Malwarebytes started going after Alateryx when I fired it up Saturday.  And, it was not until mid-day that I tried to export to TDE.  And if I recall correctly, this workflow failed Friday (while others did not) with a big red "X" across the canvas. 

Labels