Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How user save a file to their Specified location in folder browse tool

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

Hello Team,

I tried creating an Analytical App for Studying purpose.

I want to specify a common folder where user can save their file from output. As per their location.

I tried ../.. but it did not work.

Can anyone help please.

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@rohit782192 
I guess you are looking for a common folder, but the Folder interface tool can only be used as Input as stated below.

folder.PNG

Podoseb0
7 - Meteor

It doesn't work because your Action tools replace the whole path, not just the folder.

When you specify "Replace a specific string" in the Action tool, since you're using the Folder Browse tool and not the File Browse tool, you have to configure it to replace only the directory, not the full path.

So your configuration is:

Replace a specific string: D:\ValidationAutomation\ExpectEqual.yxdb

It should be:

Replace a specific string: D:\ValidationAutomation\

So when your user inputs the output folder (let's say it's S:\UserFolder\ ), Alteryx will take the original path configured in the Output Tool (D:\ValidationAutomation\ExpectEqual.yxdb) and only replace the directory (result: S:\UserFolder\ExpectEqual.yxdb).

Just a tip: you could make it easier for the user to run the app by having only one "Folder Browse" interface tool and connect it to all the Output Tools (always through a different Action tool), so all the files will be saved in that single folder the user inputs. This is not applicable if the outputs need to be saved in different folders of course, in which case it's fine as it is.

rohit782192
11 - Bolide

In the Output file i Just mentioned ..\Output.csv  . It work for me.

Labels