Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How use SEC Filings and SEC Filings Extraction

raffrobb
7 - Meteor

I want to extract the 3M income statement, balance sheet, and statement of cash flows.

I opened the Sample workflows under Help, and tried to run either one, with no success.

I want to run for 3M, Apple, IBM, DXC, Moderna, etc.

Thanks

Robb

raffrobb_0-1599705079580.png

raffrobb_1-1599705320391.png

5 REPLIES 5
grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

Hi @raffrobb , I have tried going through the 3M, Apple, IBM, DXC, Moderna but could not find any infotable.xml file linked to these companies? Could you specify the CIK if possible where i can find 

"https://www.sec.gov/Archives/edgar/ data/xxxxxxx/xxxxxxx60220024789/infotable.xml" available the example that you used in macro is working fine but for these companies infotable does not exist.

{C53F7833-AA4D-4D0D-8A93-4A2366103BB2}.png.jpg

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
trettelap
8 - Asteroid

Any update on this? Would be interested in using this...the app doesn't seem to return anything in recent releases....

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Hi @trettelap 

The SEC implemented throttling and now requires a User-agent header value passed in the call. You can fix this by going into the download tool and configuring it like this: 

BrandonB_0-1656454946049.jpeg

You also need to open up the grey macro at the end of the workflow and put a User-agent value in there as well:

BrandonB_1-1656454996474.jpeg

Once you have made the change, go to File and save the macro so that it updates in the main SEC filings workflow. You may need to check to ensure that the macro has Infotable_URL selected as the control parameter field. Once this has all been properly configured it should work as expected. 

BrandonB_3-1656455101753.png

Cheers! 

-Brandon

trettelap
8 - Asteroid

Thank you!

neelp0816
6 - Meteoroid

Does anyone know how to get segment data via the API? For example, I am trying to pull Pepsi's revenue by its different international segments. I can pull the overall revenue number without an issue using the following URL (https://data.sec.gov/api/xbrl/companyconcept/CIK0000077476/us-gaap/Revenues.json). I am not sure how to break this down further.

Any help is greatly appreciated! Thank you! 

Labels