Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to use unit separator as delimiter in alteryx

msaxen2
7 - Meteor

I have trying to create a file with unit separator and i m not sure how to do it. I have attached a screen shot of file header. Instead of comma or tab or any other delimiter,  I m looking for unit separator as delimiter. Please let me know if i m not clear i will try to provide some more information . Thanks for the help

4 REPLIES 4
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Having never tried this before, try using this as your delimiter:

\u001f

Let me know if that works, or if there's an issue!

msaxen2
7 - Meteor

It didnt work. It throws an error attached is the error

Claje
14 - Magnetar

I also ran into some challenges getting this to work just using the output tool - particularly because it seems like most windows applications (Alteryx included) don't display this character by default.

There may be a better way to do this, but I've attached a workflow that I believe will support your output format.  Basically, by consolidating every row into one field and creating the delimiter using a formula, we can output to a "non-delimited" file using this custom delimiter.

let me know if this helps!

msaxen2
7 - Meteor

This is perfect, exactly what i was looking for. Thank you so much

Labels