Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to use email address to get LinkedIn profile url

TOzirsky
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have 900 email addresses in an excel file and need help to create a workflow to get the LinkedIn Profile url based on the email address. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Tim

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If the domain gives you an indication of where they work you could use Selenium in the Python tool to do a Google search and pick the first linkedin link.

For example, if my email was philip.mannering@alteryx.com, you could write a Python script that uses Selenium to search "philip mannering alteryx" and it would probably be the top result.

But the short answer is no, not with 100% accuracy. Though open to hearing others' ideas.

DataNath
17 - Castor

Don't think this is directly possible, unfortunately. A google search just reveals 3rd party services and long-winded workarounds. Thought LinkedIn may offer an API for this but the closest I can see is the other way round (emails from profiles) and one that checks primary contact information, though you need to submit an application with a reasonable use-case/pass checks around permissions for these anyway.

TOzirsky
7 - Meteor

Using Selenium in the Python tool to do a Google search and pick the first Linkedin link will help a lot. Is this something that you can post here for me to leverage? I am also hoping that I can run this via Alteryx Designer.
Thank you!

Labels