Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to use email address to get LinkedIn profile url

TOzirsky
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I have 900 email addresses in an excel file and need help to create a workflow to get the LinkedIn Profile url based on the email address. Is this possible?

Thanks,
Tim

3 REPLIES 3
PhilipMannering
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

If the domain gives you an indication of where they work you could use Selenium in the Python tool to do a Google search and pick the first linkedin link.

For example, if my email was philip.mannering@alteryx.com, you could write a Python script that uses Selenium to search "philip mannering alteryx" and it would probably be the top result.

But the short answer is no, not with 100% accuracy. Though open to hearing others' ideas.

DataNath
17 - Castor

Don't think this is directly possible, unfortunately. A google search just reveals 3rd party services and long-winded workarounds. Thought LinkedIn may offer an API for this but the closest I can see is the other way round (emails from profiles) and one that checks primary contact information, though you need to submit an application with a reasonable use-case/pass checks around permissions for these anyway.

TOzirsky
7 - Meteor

Using Selenium in the Python tool to do a Google search and pick the first Linkedin link will help a lot. Is this something that you can post here for me to leverage? I am also hoping that I can run this via Alteryx Designer.
Thank you!

Labels