Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to use dynamic input to import the data including the first row data?

benbenjoy
8 - Asteroid

I am currently using dynamic input tool and input tool for tab names to import an excel file with different tabs. However, when I input them, my first row becomes the header and my other data's first row are just missing ( I think Alteryx think they are headers and therefore eliminating them). I want to import my first row as data as well. How can I do that? I have try ticking the first row contains data in the input tool and it is not working. Anyone can help?Thanks a lot!

4 REPLIES 4
LordNeilLord
15 - Aurora

Hey @benbenjoy

Are you able to share your workflow?

benbenjoy
8 - Asteroid

I do not think I can.... The data contain quite sensitive data...... So basically, I got multiple tabs which contain the employees' compensation data.In the first row of the data, it contains the employee's name and then I need to include that in my data. If I use dynamic input, they do not allow me to include the first row as data and it read it as header. 

benbenjoy
8 - Asteroid

Sorry guys... I think I know the solution. When we input the data source template, we need to tick the first row contain data and then it works!

I am not getting the First row contains data option in the dynamic input tool. Can someone help please?

Labels