Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to use a conditional formula with multiple conditions (based on a range of values)?

cperazza
6 - Meteoroid

Hi guys,

This is my first week using Alteryx, and despite being an experienced Excel user (and also experienced with Knime), I'm struggling to find a way out using the Formula tool to run a conditional formula to create new values to a new column.

I have a column called [MCL] with a percentage that ranges from 0% to 100% (or 0 to 1). I have to create a new column called [MCL Band] and populate it with a string value depending on the percentage from column [MCL].

From 0 to 24.99% (or 0 to 0.2499) - 'Very Low'

From 25 to 49.99% (or 0.25 to 0.4999) - 'Low'

From 50 to 74.99% (or 0.5 to 0.7499) - 'Medium'

From 75 to 100% (or 0.75 to 1) - 'High'

Can anyone help me out here?
(:

Cheers

3 REPLIES 3
Blake
12 - Quasar

Try this expression in your formula tool while creating a new column called [MCL Band]: 

If [MCL] >= .75

then 'High'

elseif [MCL] >=.5

then 'Medium'

elseif [MCL] >=.25

then 'Low'

else 'Very Low'

endif

Good luck!

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@cperazza 
Basically same with the approach of @Blake , but I believe we should always consider exceptions.

1118-cperazza.PNG

cperazza
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks, @Blake

It worked!

@Qiu, thanks for your suggestion. Once I'm working only with a range from 0 to 1, there are no exceptions to that range. But I'll bear in mind your suggestion for other situations where I'm using a similar expression.

Cheers,

Calebe P.

Labels