Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to use K-Centroids Diagnostics output w/ K-Centroid Cluster Analysis Tool

CoreyS
8 - Asteroid

Hello my fellow Alteryx Community members,

I need your help! 

I'm attempting to use the K-Centroids Diagnostics output results w/ K-Centroid Cluster Analysis Tool. However, I don't know how to interpret the Diagnostic results (i.e. K-Means Cluster Assessment Report) and use them to perform the Cluster Analysis.

What I'm confused about...

• What should I do with the Diagnostic output results (i.e. K-Means Cluster Assessment Report)?
  • Are K-Centroid Diagnostics recommended as best practice before using K-Centroids Cluster Analysis Tool?

By the way, I did read the Alteryx published 'K-Centroids Diagnostics Tool' overview but still trying to understand its use at the basic level.

Below are the Diagnostics output results (i.e. K-Means Cluster Assessment Report):

Alteryx_K-CentroidDiagnostics_Personas.PNG

Thanks for your help in advance!

Respectfully,

Corey

2 REPLIES 2
ianwi
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi @CoreyS,

I would suggest also reviewing the Predictive Grouping interactive lessons in the Data Science Learning Path, specifically Clustering in Designer.

To answer your question, the K-Centroids Diagnostics tool can be used to determine the most appropriate number of clusters for your dataset. The interpretation of the report can be a little subjective but it helps you to narrow down the choices before configuring the number of clusters in the K-Centroids Cluster Analysis tool.

Hope this helps!

CoreyS
8 - Asteroid

@ianwi  thanks for the informative references. I'll definitely check out the "Data Science Learning Path/Clustering in Designer".

Respectfully,

Corey

Labels