Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to use Interface tools to update date value in my SQL command (in Input Tool)

RaghavanR
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

I am using an input Tool to retrieve data from Teradata using SQL query on the basis of Start date and end date. I want to get these dates as and when the query is run. I saw about using Interface tool and tried them but it is not working even asking me for the dates. Can some one please guide me where i am going wrong.

11 REPLIES 11
RaghavanR
8 - Asteroid

Thanks both for your help on this. I realized where I went wrong.

1) I have to use "update with Formula" which was mentioned yesterday by @AkimasaKajitani but it was not working for me because of the second reason

2) In the replace formula, I was using "Enter Start Date" instead of "Destination" which was advised by both @AkimasaKajitani and @grazitti_sapna 

As I missed the important point, it took more time. now it is working perfectly. 

Thanks a lot for your time and help on this one @AkimasaKajitani  and @grazitti_sapna 

grazitti_sapna
17 - Castor

You're most welcome @RaghavanR , I am glad we were able to help you.

Thanks.

Sapna Gupta
Labels