Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to update sales forecast with actual sales (google sheet) for a given month ?

Kevincoco
6 - Meteoroid

Hi the Alteryx community,

I have a sales forecast (google sheet) on sales per store that needs to get updated every month (e.g. October 2020 forecast sales needs to get updated with the actual sales) based on actual sales (total sales). 

Current scenario:

- I get my sales (total sales for all stores) per month, per customer & per products. Depending of the customer the sales come from different tables (customer 1,2,3 & 4 from sales table 1 & customer 5 from sales table 2)

sales table 1.PNGsales table 2.PNG
- I have a "# stores" table that get similarly updated every month (in the example the table has actual numbers for September & October 2020. The rest is forecasted based on October 2020 numbers).

# stores updated with october.PNG

- the forecast is in sales per store and is based on the last month of actual sales per store

Forecast logic.PNG

What I would like to get:
- I d like to build a workflow that will update the "sales per store" table based on the sales tables for the last month of sales (in my example October 2020) and will keep the forecasting logic for the next month (in my example the rest of 2020 and 2021 will be then forecasted based on October 2020)

Any idea??

I attached my sample file

Thanks a lot in advance 🙂

1 REPLY 1
PhilippK
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Hi Kevin,

this sounds like a small project - I recommend that you book a session with an Alteryx expert to support you:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Virtual-Solution-Center/tkb-p/vsc

Have a great weekend

Phil

Labels