Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to update delimeter of a csv file via user input

wtahir
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I know this must be a straight forward thing to do but I am struggling to solve this tiny problem. I have multiple csv files with delimeters as "\t", "|" and "," etc.  My workflow accepts maximum of two csv files. I want user to provide this delimeter information so that the workflow reads the column of the file correctly. This is how I am trying to achieve:

The value of delimeter is not updated when I add a delimeter value in Drop Down tool. The screenshots are attached

Unbenannt.PNGUnbenannt1.PNG

4 REPLIES 4
echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

You can have both options in the same drop-down. Take a look at the attached.

echuong1_0-1605104983098.png

wtahir
7 - Meteor

Thank you for replying @echuong1 and correct but the delimeter value is not updated. If e.g. a file is "|" separated then the drop down tool does not update ","  to "|" as user inputs. I am struggling to do that even for a single file. As you can see in my cofiguration what I tried. The delimeter does not change in file input tool. I am unable to update delimeter using a drop down tool.

echuong1
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Try using the version I attached in my previous post. It correctly updates the delimiter of the input tool.

You can also run your workflow in debug mode - go to View > Interface Designer. The second option down is debug mode. You can input your parameters and check to ensure everything is updating. It will open an "updated" workflow with the options selected.

echuong1_0-1605106332428.png

wtahir
7 - Meteor

Thank you once again @echuong1 , it worked 🙂

Labels