Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to update a date from Excel to a Fraction in Alteryx

jstaker
5 - Atom

Hello,

I bet I am not the only one that has struggled with this, but I cannot find any answers when searching the community. I have workflow that uses a CSV input - the CSV automatically updates a column called "pack size" to a date before inputted into Alteryx. The pack size is really a fraction like "6/4" which represents 6 boxes with 4 units.

See snip below:

Capture.PNG

How can I reverse the date function of the CSV? I want to see "6/4" not JUN 4.

After I get the fraction back in the field I would also like to separate the field where the "/" is and multiply the two numbers together to make the field "24". I appreciate any help you all can provide! 

Thanks, Jordan!

3 REPLIES 3
neilgallen
12 - Quasar
A formula tool using Datetimeformat along with datetimeparse is a likely answer here. The field is likely a string, so we need to parse the relevant parts and then build back up in a particular format.

In this case:
datetimeformat(datetimeparse([PACK],”%d-%B”),”%m/%d)

The parse takes the string and identifies which parts are months and dates, and then formats the date in the desired manner using datetimeformat.
danilang
19 - Altair
19 - Altair

Hi @jstaker 

Building on @neilgallen's suggestion, here's a workflow that converts the date to a fraction and then performs the final multiplication you need

WF.png

Giving

Results.png

Dan

jstaker
5 - Atom

This performed the function I needed to change the date back to a fraction.

Thank you @danilang and @neilgallen 

Labels