Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to update a User using V3 API

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

I am working on a workflow that will allow us to auto provision a user based on a security output from another workflow. I am not very familiar nor have a good grasp on the v3 API for Alteryx. The attached workflow is what I have so far. I have figured out how to bring the user list. However, what I am now wanting to do is update a user with the PUT(I think) tool, but I am not sure how to go about setting up the workflow tools. Can someone show me an example of the ordering and tools that are needed to do this? Basically I am trying to update a user from Artisan to Curator as an example.

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3
T_Willins
14 - Magnetar
14 - Magnetar

Hi @Link86 

Have you seen the V3 API Macro Pack?  I think these may be what you are looking for.  Here is a link to the Alteryx Community page:

Alteryx Server v3 API endpoints

Link86
8 - Asteroid

Yes, they are what I am trying to use. Just don't know how to put them together since Alteryx does not support them and I have yet to find actual documentation on the tools themselves.

AndrewSu
Alteryx
Alteryx

@Link86 , you'll want to use the "Server API PUT" Macro in the pack that @T_Willins referred to.  

See screenshot: 

AndrewSu_0-1663907503048.png

You can see the API documentation on the Gallery.   See screenshot below. 

AndrewSu_1-1663907679990.png

Please see the attached for an example of how to make an API request to update the role of a user in the Gallery. 

NOTE: you'll have to update the following elements. 

• "Web API Address", the "API Access Key" and the "API Access Secret" in the Authorization macro at the beginning of the workflow. 
  • The first Text Input tool with the ID of the user you want to update
  • the LAST formula tool in the workflow to signify what role you want the user to have.

Please mark this as the solution if this resolves your issue so that other's in the community can benefit from our collaboration. 

Thanks. 

Labels