Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to trig my work flow automatically when there is file in some given location?

Pradeep66
8 - Asteroid

I have my simple workflow built on files. 

now I am being relatively new to alteryx, I don't know how to address these requirements.

Requirement no1:

1)If there are some files/file in file location automatically the workflow should trigger.

2)When I have gave my demo to client about the work flow for consolidating files and data to final stage table., he asked for UI screen kind of controls to monitor work flows.

Note: I don't have alteryx server but only desktop version. Can I have these requirements addressed? ateleast I am looking for point no1.

3 REPLIES 3
BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Scheduling and automation are controlled via Alteryx Server. Server also allows for command line or API control of workflows. Some companies have leveraged a small batch script running on a frequent schedule to look for a file and then execute a workflow on the Server as this is more efficient compared to scheduling a workflow on server on a more frequent basis. 

Pradeep66
8 - Asteroid

Thanks for the info!

I am really enjoying the activeness of the forum. No matter what I ask I get the answer. This is motivating me to go far with Alteryx.

If there is no server license or server installed, and we are just using the Desktop version alone. Can we install a server using a desktop license?

Can we have a server trial version something like that, that would help me try this feature and give a presentation to the client.  

The client is looking for an app type of feature, he logs in and executes the app and then monitors the process. He shall be a business user rather than a tech person.

BrandonB
Alteryx
Alteryx

Alteryx Server would be great for this use case because you can create an analytic app that can be run by someone who is not technical. Do you know who the account executive is that assisted you with your original purchase? They will be able to assist you with server evaluation/purchase questions.

Labels