Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to transpose & use cross tab

Aggsneh
7 - Meteor

Hi all,

I have data which needs to be transposed in different manner. Could you please help me with the same? Attached sample for your reference in which you can see the raw data and what output I need.

7 REPLIES 7
messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Aggsneh,

Please see below :

messi007_0-1629814012260.png

Attached the workflow,

Hope this helps!

Regards,

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Aggsneh 

Here is my take using reporting tool. Check with more data and let me know if this is flexible.

Workflow:

atcodedog05_0-1629828051374.png

Output:

atcodedog05_1-1629828068207.png

Hope this helps : )

Aggsneh
7 - Meteor

Thanks Messi for the quick turnaround. It was helpful. But if we have more data to add in, we have to do some manual work.

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Aggsneh,

With dynamic rename if you will have more columns (like ccc, ddd) the workflow below will do the job:

messi007_0-1629893271429.png

Attached the workflow.

Regards

Aggsneh
7 - Meteor

Hi,

I tried using and looks it helped. I am facing one challenge. I have some headers as well in particulars which also should be in line in output. But with the alteryx you shared it 's showing all the headers only at beginning rows and after the remaining particulars. I have reattached the data for your reference what I have and what is required.

Thanks

messi007
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

@Aggsneh,

Below how you can do it

messi007_0-1629898116213.png

Attached the workflow.

If this solve the requirement please mark it as solved it will help others.

Regards, 

Aggsneh
7 - Meteor

@atcodedog05 : Could you please help here in your workflow how to have the desired output as attached? Iused your worklfow and showing the results but in different format s described in previous reply.

Labels