Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to take the full path name from the control parameter in a batch macro?

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I need help connecting the dots. How can I take the full path (input from directory tool) from my control parameter in my batch macro and make it a field in the finished output? In other words, I need the full path to be a new field in the TDE extract for each processed TXT file.

Workflow:

Capture.PNG

Batch macro:

Capture.PNG

My idea is that on subsequent runs of this workflow, I can join on the new full path field and use the left join as a filter to find new files. The new files will be processed and appended to the extract. I think it will work but am I making this more complicated than it needs to be? Either way, I'd like to know how to bring the Metadata into a workflow.

3 REPLIES 3
vishwa_0308
11 - Bolide

in input data configuration you can find a selection to select the full path as "output file name as field". this will add a new field either with filename or full path.

smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

In the configuration of the input tool, look for the following option:

2017-10-24_10-31-00.jpg

ddiesel
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

I was having trouble with this one because the text file has to come in with no delimiters due to the file format. Choosing full path with that option only provides the Name, Type, Size, Source and Description but no data. To solve this problem, I now have two action tools coming off the control parameter --- one with file path and one without. I join the data before macro output to make the full path a field in the finish output.

Labels