Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to switch license method on Designer laucnh

hellyars
13 - Pulsar

Hi,

I just moved Alteryx to a PC (yuck).  I had to hand enter my licenses to activate Designer and Intel Suite. My licenses are all good.  However upon launch, Alteryx tries to connect to a license server (because I made the mistake of playing "what does this do").  I have no license server.  To get everything working I have to go to Options>>Manage Licenses >> Change License System).  This happens every time I launch Alteryx.  How do I undo this?

...and please add an ARM based M-series compatible variant of Alteryx to your future roadmap.

Thanks

1 REPLY 1
TheOC
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hey @hellyars 

Shame about the PC hating! haha!

However, if you have ideas for Alteryx, i'd recommend dropping them here (such as the ARM based M-series compatibility), this is where they will get the most traction:
https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Ideas/idb-p/product-ideas

In regards to the license thing, I've not heard of it asking every time you try to login. I would suggest a quick reinstall, should clear this problem for you.

Hope this helps!
TheOC

Bulien
Labels