Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to submit a full working solution of a problem for reference of the community

patel_bm
8 - Asteroid

I have prepared a full working solution for Financial services usecase for non commercial purpose and would like to share it to wider Alteryx community.

I have looked at following options but not sure of where should it be placed on community portal. Any advise should be highly appreciated.

Knowledge: I think this is the best place to host the solution. However, I can't see an option to post an article under Designer Knowledge section. Is there a way community member can post a Knowledgebase article? Is it possible to attach sample workflow to the post?

Blogs: I have noticed that all the blogs are posted by Alteryx employees and not sure if I have an option to post any blog as community member.

Usecase: I can see an option to submit a usecase. However all the usecases are aimed at industry problem and how Alteryx has been useful to resolve it. I am not sure if I can post workflow for reference of wider community under usecases.

8 REPLIES 8
ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

There is a public Gallery where others have shared workflows.

https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!

patel_bm
8 - Asteroid

@ChrisTX 

Where can I find instructions on how to publish on Gallery? As such I am using python tool in my sample workflow. So I will need to reach out to Curators for approval before it can be published.

I will need to publish workflow on 'private gallery'. However, it needs a URL and login credentials. Not sure how to go about it.

ChrisTX
15 - Aurora

Your login for gallery.alteryx.com should be the same as your Community login.

You can upload to galleryx.alteryx.com from your Desktop Designer: File > Save As > Alteryx Galleryx

The text below comes from this page:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Server-Knowledge-Base/Analytic-Gallery-FAQs/ta-p/1275

Analytic Gallery FAQs

What capabilities in the Designer Desktop cannot be used in the Analytics Gallery?

The following tools are prohibited in applications published in the Analytics Gallery.

• Run Command tool
  • Run Command event
  • R tool (Macros included in the Designer Desktop that use the R tool are permitted.)
  • Email tool
  • Send Email event
  • Download tool

I built an application that uses a prohibited tool in a safe manner. How can I apply for an exemption?

• Email curator@alteryx.com and explain how and why each prohibited tool is used, along with the general purpose of the application.
  • Publish the application in your Private Studio and check the box "Others may download this application."
  • Add the application to a Collection and share it with curator@alteryx.com.
  • Your application will be reviewed and an exemption may be made to allow it to be run.

Chris

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

Hi @patel_bm,

Alteryx is able to provide users with blogging rights (and probably rights for knowledge base too). Just ask an Alteryx Employee in this forum and they'll probably forward you to the right person. (I have only rights for the German Blog, that's why I can't provide the right contact person to you).

You can definitely attach workflows to a blog (I have done this) and I would expect this for Knowledge Base too, BUT.

Why don't you submit your Use Case under the Use Case section?

grossal_0-1586969276365.png

Best

Alex

patel_bm
8 - Asteroid

Thanks @ChrisTX 

I have managed to submit the workflow on Gallery now.

I will reach out to curators with further information to get it approved for the Public gallery.

patel_bm
8 - Asteroid

@grossal 

That's a good idea as well. I will surely try and reach out to Alteryx UK team members for rights to submit blogs.

With usecase I am not sure if I can attach a workflow. I want to make sure everyone in the Alteryx community can access the workflow.

grossal
15 - Aurora
15 - Aurora

You are also able to attach workflows to Use Cases - the people just tend not to do it @patel_bm.

I just clicked through the process of the "Submit Use Case" and this is the second page. Check out the very buttom.

grossal_0-1586970476829.png

You can attach up to 5 files with a total size of 66 MB - blog posts have the same restrictions.

Best

Alex

patel_bm
8 - Asteroid

@grossal 

Interesting. I never ventured beyond first step. I think this looks like a best place to post it then.

Thanks a lot for your help. Much appreciated.

Labels