Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to stop/start workflow based on some condition

PiyushJain
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Good Morning, 

This is regarding " how to stop/start workflow based on some condition "

I refer couple of articles related to this topic and 

I also tried to use similar setup for my requirements but not getting expected results.

My workflow runs quarterly .

My requirement is as below:

I have 3 columns with values:

1) Quarter : 2021 Q3

2) Flag: Y

3) Updated Date: This should be less than 10 days from today .. i mean 07th November'2021

So for next quarter 

If all the conditions matched,i mean Flag = Y ,Quarter = 2021 Q4 and Update date also matches the condition, then only workflow run otherwise fails.

How can i implement this logic.so that every quarter it will work automatically. 

Please advise. 

Thanks

Piyush J

1 REPLY 1

Hi @PiyushJain 

Have you checked the "Test" building block? This is the link to its Help Doc: https://help.alteryx.com/20213/designer/test-tool

You can configure it to look at the 3 conditions AND from Workflow configuration, Runtime, then check "Cancel running WF on error" so if the conditions are not met, it would produce an error and cancel the WF.

You can schedule this process - if you have Alteryx Server - to run quarterly. Hope this helps. Cheers!

Labels