Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to specify a local folder for the ftp downloading

PengMu
6 - Meteoroid

Dear all,

I am developing the workflow to download the multiple files from sftp site. how can I specify the a local folder to host these files and keep their name unchanged?  

5 REPLIES 5
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @PengMu ,

I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, but to write your downloaded files to a standard location, you need to select the output to a file method as image below. If you are concerned about the filename itself, you can get the filename from the FTP path you are downloading from, that way you keep the file name the same.

fmvizcaino_0-1592369230140.png

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

PengMu
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks for the reply!

Let me clarify it a  little bit.

I need to download multiple files to the specified local folder, not sure  if "to a file" method can specify a folder? my testing didn't work, I also want after downloading, the filenames would be the same as the ftp site.

James

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @PengMu ,

You can specify a folder when saving to a file. I'm attaching an example where I'm using regex_replace to get the filename from a FTP and also saving to a specific folder.

BEst,

Fernando Vizcaino

PengMu
6 - Meteoroid

Thanks again, the solution you provided almost worked, however, during the downloading, it only downloaded 4 files out of totally 9, and reported an error like below, any ideas how to deal with it? 

Error: Download (32): Error in libCURL: You have found a bug. Replicate, then let us know. We shall fix it soon.

PengMu
6 - Meteoroid

I specify the maximum connection as 1 in the download tool, and the bug was gone. 

Labels