Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to show '%' sign after each number?

gurpreet-singh
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am performing a percentage calculation between two columns.

My business requirements is that each number should also have a '%' sign besides it. for example: (1.2%, 21.34%...)

current percent column:

Desired outcome:

1.2%

21.34%

33.33%

Can someone please guide me to how I can get from current percent column: to  Desired outcome: ?

Thank you, 

Gurpreet 

9 REPLIES 9
abrouwer
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

You could add a formula tool and use the following: 

ToString([Current Percent Column], 2) + "%" 

Hope this helps!

Alex

tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Are you using a Table Tool for reporting at any time in your workflow? If so, in the column settings, you can add a Suffix to your column. Specifying % in the text box would also accomplish this while allowing your data to behave as a number.

gurpreet-singh
7 - Meteor

Thank you, both the solutions are very helpful, really appreciate your time and help :) 

Amy18
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

If I would like to see Percentage in my Chart using Charting Tool, how can I do it?

I cannot change the number to string format. if so, I will not be able to generate the chart. 

Thanks. 

Jashthebest
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Gurpreet,

you can also try the function PadRight(ToString([Number]), Length(ToString([Number]))+1, "%") and it should take care of any number of decimals 

Jashthebest
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Amy18 ,

You can use the Suffix option in the Vertical Axis section of the Configuration window. I have attached the solution. Does this help?

Regards,

Sujan

Amy18
8 - Asteroid

Sorry. 

No, I would like to see % added to each number label.

Like on your example, can I see 1.2%, 21.3% and 33.3 on the chart? 

Thanks. 

Jashthebest
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Amy,

Yes you will. I have slightly altered the chart property to make sure it does. Please refer to the properties for the axis and the series (1 in this case). I have attached the output which i printed as a pdf for you.

Regards,

Sujan

Amy18
8 - Asteroid

Thanks.

That helps. 

Labels