Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to show '%' sign after each number?

gurpreet-singh
7 - Meteor

Hi, I am performing a percentage calculation between two columns.

My business requirements is that each number should also have a '%' sign besides it. for example: (1.2%, 21.34%...)

current percent column:

Desired outcome:

1.2%

21.34%

33.33%

Can someone please guide me to how I can get from current percent column: to  Desired outcome: ?

Thank you, 

Gurpreet 

9 REPLIES 9
abrouwer
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

You could add a formula tool and use the following: 

ToString([Current Percent Column], 2) + "%" 

Hope this helps!

Alex

tcroberts
12 - Quasar

Are you using a Table Tool for reporting at any time in your workflow? If so, in the column settings, you can add a Suffix to your column. Specifying % in the text box would also accomplish this while allowing your data to behave as a number.

gurpreet-singh
7 - Meteor

Thank you, both the solutions are very helpful, really appreciate your time and help :) 

Amy18
8 - Asteroid

Hi,

If I would like to see Percentage in my Chart using Charting Tool, how can I do it?

I cannot change the number to string format. if so, I will not be able to generate the chart. 

Thanks. 

Jashthebest
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Gurpreet,

you can also try the function PadRight(ToString([Number]), Length(ToString([Number]))+1, "%") and it should take care of any number of decimals 

Jashthebest
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Amy18 ,

You can use the Suffix option in the Vertical Axis section of the Configuration window. I have attached the solution. Does this help?

Regards,

Sujan

Amy18
8 - Asteroid

Sorry. 

No, I would like to see % added to each number label.

Like on your example, can I see 1.2%, 21.3% and 33.3 on the chart? 

Thanks. 

Jashthebest
6 - Meteoroid

Hi Amy,

Yes you will. I have slightly altered the chart property to make sure it does. Please refer to the properties for the axis and the series (1 in this case). I have attached the output which i printed as a pdf for you.

Regards,

Sujan

Amy18
8 - Asteroid

Thanks.

That helps. 

Labels