Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to set up automatic reports generation and attach those reports in an e-mail?

alteryxlim
7 - Meteor

Ok, I've set up my workflow. I want to be able to generate reports. What tool do I use?

Next, I want to embed the reports generated by Alteryx into emails and have the emails automatically sent out. 

My workflow:

Source Data: Excel sheet of action items, action owners, target completion dates and various other columns.

I want to generate a report where:

1. Outstanding action items not closed out when due are tabulated against action owners

2. How many days overdue (date of report generated minus target completion date) against each overdue action items

3. Action items that are due in the next 30 days (a look ahead for folks) against their action owners

Next, I want this report to be embedded into e-mails that will be sent to specific action owners who have overdue action items (or if it is too difficult, this email can be sent to an email distribution list). 

How to go about?

alteryxlim_0-1646274245757.png

alteryxlim_1-1646274261895.png

3 REPLIES 3
ArtApa
Alteryx
Alteryx
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@alteryxlim 
If you could share your flow, maybe we can give a try?

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

For report 1, when you say tabulated against action owners are you saying you want to count how many overdue items each owner has?  If so, then you the Summarize tool and "Group by" the Owner and use the count function.  

For report 2, are you looking for the number of days from today that an item is overdue?  I would create a column for today's date and then use a formula to calculate today's date - completion date: 

ELPC_0-1646277490350.pngELPC_1-1646277506934.png

For report 3, use a Formula tool to take Today's Date and add 30 days.  Then use a Filter tool to filter out action items that have completion date <= 30 days from today.  

ELPC_2-1646277719736.png

Labels