Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to sequence the tab name in Output

Amy123
8 - Asteroid

Hi Team,

Can anyone help me how to sequence the tab name in Output I tried adding 1. Account 2. Tax 3. Report Input but its not working

Regards

7 REPLIES 7
Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Amy123 

Are you using 3 separate output tools? If so try using the 'Block Until Done' tool to control the order in which the output tools write. Find a logical point in your workflow where it branches into these three outputs and connect each branch to the corresponding anchor on the tool

Block Until Done Tool | Alteryx Help

Amy123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C 

I have 11 separate output tools.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Amy123 

You can use multiple block until done tools.

Amy123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C I am using the multiple block until done tools but the sequence is not coming properly.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Amy123 Are you overwriting an existing file or creating a new one? (if the former, fix the order in the excel).

Otherwise please provide an example workflow

Amy123
8 - Asteroid

Hi @Luke_C 

I am using overwrite sheet.

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Hi @Amy123 

If you're overwriting the sheets in an existing workbook the sheet ordering would be determined by the workbook and Alteryx would respect that (I just tested this to be sure). Open your excel file, order the sheets how you want, then run your workflow. Is the tab order changing? 

Labels