Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to send multiple PDFs in separate emails based on ID

Keisi
6 - Meteoroid

I have an excel file, with each row containing specific data based on ID number. I want to extract for each row, a separate PDF file based on the ID number, and send each PDF to the email corresponding to that ID.

5 REPLIES 5
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Keisi 

Use the method in this post 

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Save-Output-Data-as-Dynamic-File-Name-...

Step5: pass the To field from the column

atcodedog05_0-1642689413405.png

Hope this helps : )

Keisi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

Thanks a lot for your prompt response.

I've tried your solution and it works but it generates files in Excel, I need to send attachments by email only in PDF format. Do you have any idea how to convert each of them in PDF and send the PDFs via email? 

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Keisi 

Changes you need to do is use reporting tools instead refer the below workflow.

atcodedog05_0-1642690819732.png

Keisi
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @atcodedog05 

It generated 3 different emails according the excel file, but the PDF includes all the information found on the table while I would need each PDF to contain only the row corresponding to that email address. (So 1 row has 1 unique email address and I want a PDF that contains only that one row)
Can it be done? 

Thank you in advance, you already were really helpful.

atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Keisi 

Create filename unique to each group like below and attach these. Currently this workflow doesn't create 2 files for each group.

atcodedog05_0-1642692118318.png

Labels