Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to send an email with a csv attached

Su
7 - Meteor

Hi everyone,

I have several jobs where the idea is that the output (csv file) is then sent as an attachment in an email to several people. How can I do this? The email tool in Reporting doesn't seem to work the way I expected.

thanks in advance.

Kind Regards,

Susana

12 REPLIES 12
darryl5280
10 - Fireball

Attached is your Email Test workflow updated, just put in your SMTP Server, and Fill out the Email Fields in the Formula and away you go.

Email Fields.png

darryl5280
10 - Fireball

@KasiaP wrote:

Darryl5280,

thanks for your hints, it helped me to achieve whta I wanted, but I needed to add step of saving file in temp directory.

Can you please look into attached workflow and let me know if there is more efficient way for handling this?

Thanks,

Kasia

But if you really are concerned about the file sitting around in the Temp Directory, don't worry after the workflow has run Alteryx will delete the file for you.

But if want to save an archived copy of the file then add another Output tool after the same Block Until Done output #1

Archive Copy of File.png

In the Workflow "add step of saving file in temp Directory" is accomplished in the Output Tool #4

Output to Temp Directory.png

KasiaP
7 - Meteor
Thanks Darryl5280,

I don't need to save an archive copy, I just need to email it.
I am fine with the solution that you provided.

Thanks once again for your help!

Kasia
Labels