Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to select multiple tools with a mac keyboard?

TraceyD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

I run Designer in VMWare on a macbook pro.  I can drag to select multiple tools, but I don't know how to:

a) add another tool to my group, or

b) deselect a tool from my group. 

For instance, I inherited a workflow that uses comment boxes to group tools, and sometimes I want to select a handful of tools inside the comment box and move them over.  When I drag, I get the comment box in my selection, and I don't know how to deselect it (scenario b).  Since I can't deselect, I'd like to select the tools one at at time, adding the tools to a single selection so I can move them all at once, but I don't know how to add to the first selection (scenario a).  I've tried the usual combinations - ctrl-click, cmd-click, shift-click - to no avail.  Is there a setting somewhere?

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @TraceyD,

I've been wondering the same thing, so this was a great opportunity for me to finally experiment and find it. I also use VMWare on Mac and found that function-shift-control-click let me select and deselect tools from a highlighted group. Hope this works for you, too!

TraceyD
Alteryx Alumni (Retired)

Wow, @clmc9601  - I don't know how you found that, but thank you!

Labels