Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to select a header with different layout files

ankurrjit
8 - Asteroid

Hello team - I am new to Alteryx and struggling with one Excel file as attached. we have 2 files MTD and YTD, both are having same layout but somehow format is coming different. If I am designing the flow for 1, it's failing for others. Please see below snapshot the comparison of data from 2 files. The numbers of columns are more in YTD (top dataset) and less in MTD(below data set).

ankurrjit_0-1580239542284.png

Also, we have 1 value "Pallet" which is dynamic sometimes comes and sometimes doesn't. in that case how to select "Area Summary" info correctly without missing or losing any data from the "Count Area" column.

8 REPLIES 8
afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @ankurrjit,

Maybe this is what you are looking for? This takes only the information from the summary fields:

Sin título.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

ankurrjit
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a ton. this is really amazing. now both flow works perfectly for each other. one more help I need, the value "Pallet Reserve" under the column "Count Area" is dynamic means , sometimes it comes in a sheet (whenever has value) and sometimes it doesn't (when doesn't have value). Is there any way I can always show row "Pallet Reserve" , if it is coming from the sheet then show the values as from source sheet, if not then show zero or blank ?

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @ankurrjit ,

Would this be ok?:

Sin título.png

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Regards

ankurrjit
8 - Asteroid

Thanks a lot, I appreciate your help. Have an awesome day!

Best Regards

Ankur Tyagi

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

No problem! Happy to help!

Have a wonderful day you too

Regards

ankurrjit
8 - Asteroid

Hi team - I am really sorry and apologies to be a pain. I flow worked fine with previous files but when I downloaded the file today and tried with ALteryx flow it is failing at multiple locations. Can you please help what am I doing wrong. I am attaching the file I am using. Please let me know if I need to open a new discussion. Please help.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @ankurrjit,

It's working fine for me, I just had to change the first filter column value. Run it at least twice just with that change to adjust metadata:

Sin título1.pngSin título.png

Regards

ankurrjit
8 - Asteroid

This is awesome. Working perfectly fine. Thanks a ton. I wish you a happy Friday and weekend ahead. :):)

Labels