Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to schedule a workflow to run on a bi-weekly basis?

sameerpremji
8 - Asteroid

Hello,

How do I schedule a workflow to run on a bi-weekly basis?

Currently, there is no such option provided and it would be nice if this was added into the scheduler design.

Thanks!

13 REPLIES 13
StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

At this point it looks like you would have to schedule twice; once for each time you want it to run in the month.

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

sameerpremji
8 - Asteroid

Not cool! Please add this to the scheduler's design under "Frequency" drop-down.

StephenR
Alteryx
Alteryx

That is a very old message. We do have the ability to schedule multiple days a month with the Custom option.

StephenR_0-1613654542056.png

Regards,
Stephen Ruhl
Principal Customer Support Engineer

sethfuller
5 - Atom

While I do see the value in the custom option, a true bi weekly option would just be better. If I want to have a report run every two weeks on Friday, that day of the month is going to fluctuate over time and I'm not going to be able to have it send every other Friday. 

Shalika
5 - Atom

Hi,

Were you able to figure out how to run a workflow on weekly schedule without having fixed dates to run

I have a similar requirement and not sure how to achieve this

Any help on this would be appreciated !!

Cheers

Shalika

squinn95
5 - Atom

This does not run bi-weekly as the question had stated.

If a flow was to run every two weeks on a Friday for example, the date will be different each time.

Will we get a solution for this?

Shalika
5 - Atom

You will have to build this logic within workflow itself based on current day. Generate rows based on the biweekly period when you want to run the workflow. If current day = biweekly scheduled day, add filter to that check, it will produce only if the condition is true. No output if condition is false.

amcnally
6 - Meteoroid

I resolved this issue by using PostgreSQL generate_series, then set the Alteryx scheduler to run every Monday, so on the weeks that are not my desired bi-weekly date, it will not run.

I provided the first date that I wanted to run the bi-weekly report and use that to build my series, so that I have the bi-weekly dates.

CASE
WHEN current_date IN (SELECT GENERATE_SERIES('2022-05-02', (current_date + interval '1 week'), '2 weeks'::INTERVAL)::date)
THEN 'Y'
ELSE 'N'
END AS run_today

Brad1
11 - Bolide

Could the above be rewritten to fit in a formula tool ?

Labels