Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to run the workflows in parallel at same time in Alteryx designer

deepika_durvasula
7 - Meteor

I have 7 workflows and each workflow is having some different tools for data cleansing purpose. In Alteryx all the workflows run in consecutive way one after the other.

My goal is to run multiple workflows in parallel to help with the total run time of all these workflows. Is there nay way for parallel processing of workflows with in Alteryx designer ?

Attached the snapshot of a sample workflow.

Thanks,

Deepika Durvasula

6 REPLIES 6
dougperez
12 - Quasar

The best way to achieve this is to put all your workflows (separate then into containers) into one and run that "big" workflow

But this will NOT run each one parallel

The other way is using alteryx server, automate, alteryx server API

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @deepika_durvasula ,

If you want to proces multiple workflows (multiple yxmd files) you can just open the files and run them at the same time. Depending on your machine properties it might be able to handle them.

On the other hand, if you are talking about the worklfow processing multiple tools at the same time then what you would need is to enable the AMP engine.

This is only available on the newer versions of Alteryx (from 2020.2 onwards). You can configure it easily on the runtime settings window from the workflow.

Hope that helps

Regards

deepika_durvasula
7 - Meteor

Hi 

Can you tell me how the workflows can run parallel in server ?

Thanks in advance,

Deepika Durvasula.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @deepika_durvasula,

Again, do not know what you are referring to. If you are talkin about multiple yxmd files then you need to just execute one and then the next one. If you have api enabled you could also run them with your api credentials if you know how to do it.

If we are talking about AMP, you would need to enable it on the alteryx settings (on the engine side) on the server.

There you will see the a selection of the available options to be set (AMP only, Normal or both)

Regards

deepika_durvasula
7 - Meteor

Hi

I am referring to multiple yxmd files. How to run the multiple yxmd files parallelly at the same time?

Thanks,

Deepika Durvasula.

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @deepika_durvasula ,

As I said before, you can execute them one by one on the gallery, if you would like to have something more automated would recommend checking the Gallery API to do so.

Also be sure that on the configuration settings of the server the parameter that selects the amount of workflows enabled to run at the same time has at least 2 selected. By default it is just 1.

Regards

Labels