Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to run a vba macro( protected by password) in Alteryx

andressaolisi
6 - Meteoroid
Hello, I would like to ask if there is any way to run a vba macro(protected by password, because there are the credentials from the database), in this workbook the user must input two dates(from - to). I would like to run this code in alteryx and input these dates in alteryx as well. Really appreciate if anyone can help me on it. Thanks!!
2 REPLIES 2
CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @andressaolisi 

One answer would be to rebuild that VBA process in Alteryx since it's better 😛😛

A more direct answer would be that you'll need to use Run Command to call an external programs like wscript.exe to execute that VBA/VBS. Here's a post that should be helpful with the details of that:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Call-VBA-macro-from-Alteryx/td-p/46062...

andressaolisi
6 - Meteoroid
Hi Charlie, thanks for you reply! I'm trying to run the following VBscript, however it is not updating (seems that its not running my macro)... I don't know if I wrote anything wrong or if I'm not able to run since this spreadsheet is protect (I know the name of the macro because I asked the guys from Technology team)... thank you very much! Sub a() dim objExcel set objExcel = CreateObject("Excel.Application") objExcel.Visible = TRUE objExcel.DisplayAlerts = False Path1="(...)spreadsheet.xlsm" objExcel.Workbooks.Open Path1 objExcel.Run("spreadsheet!Macro") objWorkbook.Saved=True objExcel.quit end sub
Labels