Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to retrain Alteryx predictive model?

mohamedhussen
5 - Atom

Hello, 

I trained the Alteryx Boosted Model on my data before and save the model to yxdb file. now I'm getting new data and need to fine-tune the model and retrain it to the new data so how can I fine-tune this model in Alteryx?

Also, Is there a way to save this model and use it inside my python code to make predictions?

Thanks

4 REPLIES 4
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mohamedhussen ,

The model customization can be found in the second tab of the boosted model, you can't fine tune the model after saving it to a yxdb file, you need to do it before.

fmvizcaino_0-1609959000144.png

You can create a workflow with the boosted model and use alongside a python tool, but it is not possible to export the model and use inside python.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

CharlieS
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mohamedhussen 

Each time you run the workflow, the model is trained based on the input data and the workflow configuration/setting. If either the data or the settings change (like @fmvizcaino  outlined above), you must save off the model object .yxdb to retain each version of the model. 

If you want to dissect the information within each model object, there's a bit of R you can use to view/extract the values of interest. Here's a post of mine outlining that process:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/Extract-the-logic-behind-a-pedictive-m... 

However, it will likely be the case that a boosted model has too many attributes for this decomposition method to be useful. It's worth a shot, but it typically more useful on other model types. 

mohamedhussen
5 - Atom

Hi @fmvizcaino 

Thanks for your reply

So to fine-tune my model I need to train it with the old data and new data together, right? and there is no way to apply transfer learning on the models that I trained before with Alteryx predictive models? 

fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @mohamedhussen ,

Yes, you always need to use old + new data to recreate your model. 

Unfortunately, there is no way of doing transfer learning.

If you have the intelligence suite package (paid add-on), you can generate the python code from your model and then use the python tool to do transfer learning, I think. But the assisted modelling, which gives you the ability to do it doesn't have all the visual models Alteryx have yet.

https://help.alteryx.com/pt-br/current/designer/alteryx-intelligence-suite

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Labels