Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to retain the colour code in output

Pramod91
8 - Asteroid

Hello friends,

Whenever I get an output from a workflow, I lose the colour codes which were there in the input.

I want to retain the header colours and the font colour as well like they were in the original input file.

Can someone please help me with this??

Input format - excel

Output format - excel 

4 REPLIES 4
atcodedog05
22 - Nova
22 - Nova

Hi @Pramod91 

If your are overwriting the output on the input file or overwriting on a template file you can use below config in the output tool.

atcodedog05_0-1602954753489.png

Or else you can set the formatting using Reporting palate table tool. 

Hope this helps 🙂

Pramod91
8 - Asteroid

Hello @atcodedog05 , 

Thanks for your reply. But it doesn't works for me. My input and output files are two different excels.

Can you please help me with the reporting palate table tool??

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Pramod91,

In that case, you need to have some kind of template file with the formating setup already.

Afterwards, you need to configure the output tool like in the example below: 

image.png

I believe this should be a solution to your problem!

Good luck!

hsyuibe86
6 - Meteoroid

Hi @Emil_Kos

I understand that "Preserve Formatting when overwrite " can keep the current format, but what about the input data that had color coding but no solid logic about the data formatting?

For example, my similar problem was like this

My major data input( from excel) comes with color coding, but the color coding has no logic to follow, it looks like this(yellow and blue mean different type of demand):

hsyuibe86_0-1655910171371.png

I've had my workflow figured out with hundreds of calculations, now it's time for data output to excel sheet.

I'd like to keep the exact color coding as my original data, but even after sorting everything the same sequence as before, it's still not guaranteed that i have exact same SKU as my original data set, so overwrite range doesn't work for me.

Thank you so much for your help.

Siyu

Labels