community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alteryx designer Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer.

How to reset the automatic annotation text

I would like to know if there's a way to reset a tool's annotation to the "automatic" one.

When you add a tool in the canvas, the annotation is automatically set (for example the formula, or connection configuration etc). You can then customize the annotation text in the "Annotation" tool's tab. But sometimes I would like to revert to the "automatic" annotation, and it doesn't seem possible once you set it to something different.

I've found a way to do it by editing the xml content of the file, but obviously this is not practical at all. So:

• Is there a proper way I've missed in the Alteryx interface ?
  • If not, do you plan to implement that ?

It's not a critical feature, but I've very often wanted to do that, so that would be nice.

Alteryx version : 10.6.6.17413

Alteryx Certified Partner
Alteryx Certified Partner

It's my understanding that a annotation reset is not available. It should be easy to replicate with a new tool and a little copy+paste, but it would be a manual process. 

ACE Emeritus
ACE Emeritus

This method is not automatic, but the way I've accomplished it in the past is to copy the formula or the filter text and paste that into the annotation, which is generally pretty close to what the original annotation was.

@thizviz aka cbridges, Bolide
http://community.alteryx.com/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/2328
Highlighted

This is indeed a way to do it, but still not very practical. Thank you anyway for your answers.

Do you know if it could be added ? It seems pretty simple.

Nebula
Nebula

Hi Thomas

This indeed a good idea.  Unfortunately, the Designer Discussions board isn't the correct place to post it.  The Alteryx boffins show up here on occasion, but it's only to help out deserving people like yourself.  Create a new post in the Alteryx Designer Ideas board.  That's the board that's actively monitored by Alteryx and specifically aimed towards gathering ideas for upcoming versions of Designer

Dan

Indeed @danilang, that's more appropriate.

I just submitted the idea, so please don't hesitate to vote if you think it's a good feature : Add a button to reset a tool's annotation text to default

Labels