Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to replace Vlookup functionality in a running summary

ShannonH
7 - Meteor

I understand that Find and Replace and Join can be used to replace a new vlook-up column, but I'm having trouble figuring out how to bring data in for a running summary file. I would normally use a vlookup to fill in the blank lines in my summary spreadsheet (left of image) using the data in other tables (right of image). 

I would like to continue to pull the updated data from the Cost and Sell tables into the running summary sheet. What would be the best way to accomplish this? The Summary spreadsheet needs to be in an Excel spreadsheet to be accessible by other users.

Example.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
pcatterson
11 - Bolide

Do you mean you aren't sure how to use the functionality of a join for your purposes?  If this is the case, then follow this example:

ShannonH
7 - Meteor

Wow. I actually created a workflow that looks exactly like that for another process, but I couldn't see the solution myself in this instance. It's been tough opening my mind to processes other than Excel. 

Previously, I would bring in data in weekly batches to v-lookup due to volume. Alteryx can support this volume so I can instead have a running file in which Join will totally work.

Thanks!

Labels