Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to repeat task

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

Hi All - 

How to repeat same task or action  or calculation without creating Alteryx Macro Batch or Irreative macro?

Thanks,

Mukesh

7 REPLIES 7
cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

If you are looking to repeat the same calculation on different columns you can leverage the multi-field formula tool. You can create a formula that will apply to all columns selected. 

hroderick-thr
11 - Bolide

Macros work really good for loops.

But you can copy tools then paste, paste, paste,... too

Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

There is a specific reason why you don't want to use Alteryx Macro Batch or Irreative macro?

Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @Mukeshy12390 

It depends on which task you're trying to perform.

Sometimes the Append Fields tool can replace a Batch Macro for example. I've seen this in a few occasions.

If you describe your problem, we could try to deliver you a solution that is macro-free.

Cheers,

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

thanks everyone for the reply.

so here is the situation, I have created one 'Batch macro -  extension -.yxmc'  to consolidate File based on sheet name. which works and does the job no issue.

one of the client doesn't want that Batch macro functionality  due to policy.( I can't negotiate).

I want to create same logic in workflow without using those two attached Batch macros.

1)BatchMacro_Read_FullPath_Consolidationy  --- > Generate path bases on file path.

2)BatchMacro_Read_GetSheetName.yxmc  --- > based on generated path in  (1)  it consolidates all path (file & sheet) records.

while consolidating column it takes all common and uncommon column available in sheet.

I hope this makes sense.

Regards,

Mukesh

cplewis90
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hello @Mukeshy12390,

There is a tool on gallery that does this (https://gallery.alteryx.com/#!app/Read_All_Excel_Files/58dd51b3a18e9e18fca64172), but it is also created using batch macros. Every solution I have seen doing this leverages batch macros in some way. One way you could potentially bypass this is by using some sort of coding (Python, R, PowerShell, cmd line) and embedding that into a workflow. I have not done this specifically with coding but have used the ones listed for other functionality.

Mukeshy12390
8 - Asteroid

yes.. looks like using other other language last option.

thank you so much.

Labels