Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to render output into many Excel files with formulas within working?

sylwestro
5 - Atom

Hi All,

I have a workflow which is splitting the input Excel files to many ones upon Company Code.

However, what the final user expects is to have output Excel files with some checks as Excel formulas working in every single Excel file - for eg. checks for the MAX in the column, etc.

Is there any way to make render tool to put the formulas into output files and these will be working from the beginning? For now I put the formulas as text, so the user would need to hot F2 and enter to change the formula to working one.

Additionally, end users have different Excel setups, so their formula separators might be semicolons or commas. Is there any way to take this into workflow as well?

1 REPLY 1
smoskowitz
12 - Quasar

Hi @sylwestro --

Currently, and to the best of my knowledge, there is no way to output Excel formulas using the Render tool. Please see the article below as it will guide you to building a template that can contain formulas if you output data to a range. I am using it and it seems to work well.

https://intersectionsandoverlaps.wordpress.com/2019/09/27/alteryx-excel-templates-with-blob-tools/

Seth

Labels