Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to remove a data point if it is less than a certain number

rheatubby
5 - Atom

Hi,

I hope someone can help as I am very stuck here.

I am trying to protect the data so that individuals cannot be identified. 

For example, if I had item for sale, ID of purchaser and gender of purchaser how could I do this so that on the row it pulls our if an item had less than 5 male purchasers it would say "less than 5" under gender?

Thanks 🙂 

3 REPLIES 3
Kenda
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hi @rheatubby 

I still may be a little unclear to what exactly you're looking for, but here is my attempt at solving your problem. I use a summarize tool to group by the product and gender so I can count how many of each gender has purchased each item. From here, I use a formula to create a field identifying those with a count less than 5 and join it back to the original data. Check out the attached workflow and adapt as you see fit. 

If you still have questions, please attach sample input and output data so we can get a better sense of what you're looking for. 

Hope this helps!

afv2688
16 - Nebula
16 - Nebula

Hello @rheatubby ,

you could use a summarize tool and group by itemID as well as gener and do a count of the amount of purchases.

Afterwards with a formula tool you could easily establish the rules based on an if else ruling.

Regards

rheatubby
5 - Atom

This worked perfectly, thank you so much 🙂 

Labels