Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to remove 2 of 3 lines that are offsetting entries

ELPC
8 - Asteroid

Hi all, 

I have data that are General Ledger journal entries.  You may have a payment and then a reversal if something was posted incorrectly and then a reposting.  So essentially you have a positive, then negative, then positive again.  What I want to do is take out the first positive and negative records since those were offsetting and just keep the remaining last entry in the data set. If there are only 2 entries (1 positive and 1 negative) then I want to just remove this offsetting set of entries. 

I can figure out how to get rid of the 2 entries that are offsetting, I just can't figure out how to get rid of 2 when there are 3 entries (positive, negative, positive).  

Requirement: Only remove if all the other fields are exact matches.  

I have attached my sample workflow 

Thanks for the help. 

3 REPLIES 3
fmvizcaino
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @ELPC ,

Does the order matter? For instance, you have some lines where you have negative value, then 2 positives. Is it the same?

Also, what happens to those cases where you have more than 3 lines? 2 negatives and 4 positives, for example.

Best,

Fernando Vizcaino

Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@ELPC 
I do hope there is a better or smarter way 😊

0506-ELPC.PNG

courtklinger
5 - Atom

This workflow uses the unique tool and the summarize & remove offset. Not sure it is better than the other response, but it is easy to follow because it is the same thing over & over.  

courtklinger_1-1626838664233.png

Labels