Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to reference an input from one data set into another data set without duplicates

tessaenns
9 - Comet

I have 2 data sets joining together. Data set 1 represents an ACTUAL reflection of what happened and data set 2 represents a PLANNED reflection of what was suppose to happen. 

Data set 1 (ACTUAL reflection)

dekete me.JPG

Data set 2 (PLANNED reflection)

delete me 2.JPG

What I need to do is use the data set (planned reflection) as a reference point for data set 1 (actual reflection) so I get something like this...

dekete me 3.JPG

I have tried joins and appends, but it is multiplying the data, which I want to avoid. Is there a work around?

4 REPLIES 4
Claje
14 - Magnetar

Hi,

Are you joining on both Location to Location AND Carrier to Name?

I think that based on the example shown below, this would create no dupes.

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus
Same as Jessie! Join your locations and carrier to name.

Cheers,

Mark
Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
tessaenns
9 - Comet

I forgot to mention, in the ACTUAL dataset, you can see a location repeating itself. I joined on location and name, but because of that issue where you can see...

with different names and different PLANNED rates, it still corrects dupes. Ideas?

MarqueeCrew
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

I think so

Alteryx ACE & Top Community Contributor

Chaos reigns within. Repent, reflect and restart. Order shall return.
Please Subscribe to my youTube channel.
Labels