Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to put total on a Text Input?

bmay10
7 - Meteor

There are two separate tables. The top table is a summary and the bottom table shows a list of all sales. 

I am trying to put the total of sales under column "Variable" but, by according to the person's id. 

This is just an example of the situation that I am dealing with. I am also trying to put formulas on a text tool. Can we put, TODAY() formula on a text box? 

The reason, I am asking is cause I am working with an Input Table and trying to put the "Total" from a summarize tool  onto a the table from a Text Box Table.

There is a picture of an example and a yxmd file. 

3 REPLIES 3
markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @bmay10  See the attached workflow, hopefully that gives you what you are looking for..

Mark

bmay10
7 - Meteor

pretty close. i was just asking for one person to show on the top table.

it is kind of like a vlookup. Where if the user ID is 1, then show me the person's name and the total sale.

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @bmay10 ,

You can't put a formula directly into a Report Text tool - but the way to do it is to construct the text you need in a formula tool just before the report text, and then add this as a field in the report text tool.

Labels