Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.
SOLVED

How to put one table below second one

vkulhany
6 - Meteoroid

Hi,

I have a case that I cannot figure out. What I need is to place two different tables below each other. as seen on the picture both of them have different headers (marked in orange and yellow). How can I do it so they are position as on the screenshot below.

ViTk0_1-1613500472989.png

Appreciate your help.

ViTk0

3 REPLIES 3
Emil_Kos
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @vkulhany,

One of the ways is using the reporting tool. Taking into consideration that probably you want to make some fancy report I believe that might be the area that you should explore.

I have created a workflow for you:

Emil_Kos_0-1613500852372.png

The output:

Emil_Kos_1-1613500859446.png

To learn more about reporting tools I would advise to check the interactive lessons in the link below:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Interactive-Lessons/tkb-p/interactive-lessons/label-name/Reporting%...

markcurry
12 - Quasar

Hi @vkulhany 

As @Emil_Kos mentioned the best way would be with the Reporting tools, but you can use the Union tool, but as the headers in the 2nd table will be strings, your data types will be strings.  Using the union tool you will lose the headers from the 2nd table, so you would need to extract this information too.  If there are more fields in the 2nd table than the first table, the resulting table will take the headers from the 2nd table.   See attached....

Mark

Luke_C
17 - Castor

Another option in addition to the reporting tools mentioned might be to output each table to a specific excel range in your output file. This would give you more control over formatting, but might be tricky depending on the volume of records. 

Labels