Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to plot multiple variable graph in Alteryx?

kennynsw
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I have some rates data by (1) Currency ; (2) Rate Type ; (3) Country and (4) Months

Is there any way i can plot a graph so that X axis will be avg rates + month while all other variables in the Y axis?

Sample.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@kennynsw 

Here you go!

Sebastiaandb_0-1634105340337.png

Let me know if this helps! :-).

kennynsw
5 - Atom

Thanks mate! However sadly i still have one more variable: Currency on top of country and rate type.

Is there another way? Thanks!

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@kennynsw 

No problem! 

Sebastiaandb_0-1634111895394.png

I would just combine it with the extra dimension (in this case currency). I couldn't find another way, i would probably just export the data to (a better) visualization tool haha ;-).

I really wanted to differentiate the lines by grouping country on color basis (.f.e. Country 1 is always blue and you can differentiate within country by making one line dark blue and another light blue, it would be even better if you can make lines in a different currency dotted but i couldn't find a option for that). To bad, you can't customize the color of the lines on a per line basis, you have to add the color palette in the interactive tool, you can check out the following link:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-customize-colors-in-an-Interact... 

Greetings, 

Seb

Labels