Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to plot multiple variable graph in Alteryx?

kennynsw
5 - Atom

Hi all,

I have some rates data by (1) Currency ; (2) Rate Type ; (3) Country and (4) Months

Is there any way i can plot a graph so that X axis will be avg rates + month while all other variables in the Y axis?

Sample.PNG

3 REPLIES 3
Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@kennynsw 

Here you go!

Sebastiaandb_0-1634105340337.png

Let me know if this helps! :-).

kennynsw
5 - Atom

Thanks mate! However sadly i still have one more variable: Currency on top of country and rate type.

Is there another way? Thanks!

Sebastiaandb
12 - Quasar

@kennynsw 

No problem! 

Sebastiaandb_0-1634111895394.png

I would just combine it with the extra dimension (in this case currency). I couldn't find another way, i would probably just export the data to (a better) visualization tool haha ;-).

I really wanted to differentiate the lines by grouping country on color basis (.f.e. Country 1 is always blue and you can differentiate within country by making one line dark blue and another light blue, it would be even better if you can make lines in a different currency dotted but i couldn't find a option for that). To bad, you can't customize the color of the lines on a per line basis, you have to add the color palette in the interactive tool, you can check out the following link:

https://community.alteryx.com/t5/Alteryx-Designer-Discussions/How-to-customize-colors-in-an-Interact... 

Greetings, 

Seb

Labels