Get Inspire insights from former attendees in our AMA discussion thread on Inspire Buzz. ACEs and other community members are on call all week to answer!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to pass the Alteryx Designer Core Certification.

Hello everyone! I first want to say that I am amazed at how Alteryx is so user-friendly by implementing big colorful icons of each tool for the user to use. I also like how the software enables the user to combine vast amounts of data across multiple Excel spreadsheets into one Excel file that is easy to read and understand. 

Now my main question is what should I review to pass the Alteryx Designer Core Certification with an 80% or higher? Are there practice exams? Are there any good videos that cover the exam in-depth? Thank you, and I appreciate any information you are able to provide. 

4 REPLIES 4
Thableaus
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hi @TimothyFrontino828 

Have you checked the Exam Prep Area?

I find the content there very useful, there's a Practice Test and a very informative guide. I'd start from there!

Cheers,

allwynthomas24
11 - Bolide

Hey @TimothyFrontino828,

As @Thableaus said, first refer the Exam prep guide for Core Certification & Core Practice Exam.
The Prep Guide contains the names of tools that the Exam covers and types of questions you can expect based on those tools. It also has learning path and some video links for preparation. It contains a list of list to some of the Weekly challenges which would be very helpful to gain practical knowledge of the tools covered in the Exam. Go through the interactive videos as they give you a detailed overview on each tool. 

Also try to attempt the Exam even if you are not fully prepared because you can again attempt after 7 days plus at the end of exam a report is generated which will give an idea regarding how much more you need to prepare and what areas needs more attention. And it will also help you to understand time management.

So go ahead give an attempt and don't be disappointed even if you Fail. Just keep trying & solving.

Thanks & Regards,

Allwyn.

SergioCamposs
7 - Meteor

@TimothyFrontino828 

The best way to learn Alteryx is take a sample and try do something, think in how it begins and where do you wanna go!

The main tabs that you must know is: 

-In/Out (all)

Focus in: Input tool

-Preparation (all) 

Focus in: Formula, Filter, Select, Data Cleansing Multi-Row Formula and Unique

-Join (all except Fuzzy)

Focus in: Join and Union

-Parse (DateTime and Text to columns)

-Transform (All)

Focus in: Summarize, Transpose and Cross Tab

If you Study all of this tools, you will be a Core Alteryx user.

Hope i help you. See Ya (and like my post >:]) 

clmc9601
13 - Pulsar
13 - Pulsar

Hi @TimothyFrontino828,

The best resources depend on your learning style. I find that many of the multiple choice questions come from very specific configuration options. So if you can learn from reading, a thorough but dry way to study is by reading all the tool help pages for each tool that will be covered on the exam. Then, practice practice practice! Weekly challenges are a great place to start.

Labels