Community Spring Cleaning week is here! Join your fellow Maveryx in digging through your old posts and marking comments on them as solved. Learn more here!

Alteryx Designer Desktop Discussions

Find answers, ask questions, and share expertise about Alteryx Designer Desktop and Intelligence Suite.

How to pass date to the google analytics macro ?

asingh15
5 - Atom

I'm using the alteryx interface for the first time and I want to pass the date to the google analytics macro. I'm first specifying the date and then selected the startDatePicker before I run the workflow. But all i could see the start date hasn't changed. Can anyone explain in detail how to achieve this ? Any help would be highly appreciatedStart date.. below text interface can be ignored as I was just trying to enter the end date differentlyStart date.. below text interface can be ignored as I was just trying to enter the end date differentlyThe final date hasn't changedThe final date hasn't changed

3 REPLIES 3
Qiu
20 - Arcturus
20 - Arcturus

@asingh15 
If I understand correctly, you have not run workflow the get the value relected?

If your action tool is configured correctly, the start date will be updated when you run the workflow.

asingh15
5 - Atom

I ran the workflow. The value isn't updating even after running

SeanAdams
17 - Castor
17 - Castor

Hey @asingh15 

Interface tools don't update the action tools or the other tools if you run them using the normal "run" button - you need to do one of the following 3 to test & debug this:

a) Run in wizard mode (that's the button that looks like a magic wand next to run)

b) Run in debug mode - this is more complex because you need to set the values of your interface tools in the workflow variables pane; then go into the interface designer; and hit the "debug" button.

c) Call this macro from another canvas.    Create a new canvas - and drag your new macro onto it.

Option C is the most common and that will fire the action tools to change the values.

Good luck with learning the Interface tools & macros - this really does open up a WHOLE new world!

Labels